The prices of traditional types of thermal service regularly increase. The fact that they do harm to the environment has to be reconsidered. Changes gradually happen, and now the whole world watches renewable energy sources. In a race of alternative energy sources, the thermal pump has proved the efficiency as the eco-friendly option of usual house heating. However, thermal pumps can differ according to characteristics.
The pumps are capable of absorbing thermal energy from the air, even at rather low subzero temperatures.
Depending on features of the construction, heat pumps are divided into two types:
- Air-to-water pumps in heating contour of which the liquid circulates,
- Air-to-air when the house is warmed up with air.
Air source heat pumps – the structure
The air source heat pumps consist of two contours – external, taking the heat away, and internal in which nonfreezing liquid moves. The compressor, the evaporator, and the reducing valve are also the integral elements of the air-air and air-water ones. The air-air transfers warmth to the consumer as a result of movement of the liquid heated by the heat of the environment. The air-to-water thermal pump repeatedly strengthens heat by means of the compressor in the process of circulation before it reaches a heating contour. But with fall of a temperature to -25°C,the efficiency of this heating equipment begins to decrease and electricity consumption increases.
Why should you choose the heat pumps?
Although the main advantages of the heat pumps are described here, http://www.huskyheatpumps.co.uk/why-heating-pumps, we allocated the main of them.
Advantages of air-to-water thermal pumps and air-to-air in comparison with other sources are:
- the possibility of obtaining the thermal energy not only from the fresh air but also from the ventilating system of the enterprise producing a large amount of heat into the atmosphere,
- the air-to-water pump doesn't require any soil operations,
- air-to-water thermal pumps have the simplest mounting,
- they are suitable for use under any conditions, including cases when there is no reservoir or an opportunity to set an earth circuit,
- small expenditures on installation are characteristic for air-to-water thermal pumps,
- the price of the air-to-water pump is justified and available to buyers.
Air-to-water heat pumps
Home systems of heat supply based on air heat pumps are very effective for application in midlatitudes. The principle of work is the same as in pumps of other modifications, but with certain differences:
- The condenser is located in the boiler of the drive connected to a system of heating,
- Heat generated in the case of condensation is used for indirect heating of the heat carrier.
Heating intensity varies from +30°C to +60°C. At a temperature below -15°C, combined heat supply with the air heat pump, that is irreplaceable in a frigid climate, is on. The lack of heat is compensated by any boiler (electricity, gas, firewood).
As mounting of the outside unit is made on the street, the existence of the function of anti-freezing or defrosting will be an additional benefit.
Air-to-water heat pumps
The pumps heating the room by means of the warm air have the following advantages:
- Lack of need for the preliminary heat of the heat carrier leads to the more economic expenditure of the electric power. Air heats up to temperature of +20…+40°C,
- Fast warming of the building: warm air begins to come to the room in several seconds after turning on,
- Universality – the equipment can be used in the summer as the conditioner. The function of cooling of the room is provided in a basic complete set.
You can learn more facts about installation of pumps on the website http://www.huskyheatpumps.co.uk/