The popularity of solar energy is at all-time high, not just in United States but the rest of the world too. Here are some of the most important reasons that explain this surge in solar energy popularity:
- Solar energy is the most abundant form of energy available on our planet. In fact, a miniscule of available solar energy would be enough to supply entire world with enough power.
- Solar panel prices continue to decline, meaning that they are becoming affordable option for an increasing number of homeowners. The prices of solar panels have on average dropped by about 50 percent over the past two years, according to a GTM Research.
- Tax benefits and many other incentives are available for people who install solar panels. In United States, for instance, federal incentives now account for approximately 30 percent of the price of a solar panel.
- People are increasingly worried about the environmental condition of our planet, particularly in form of climate change, and using more solar energy is one of the best options to help save our planet.
- Solar energy can provide both electricity and heat, and in process decrease our dependence on expensive foreign oil import.
- Solar energy industry is the fastest growing industry in United States, and therefore creates plenty of new jobs.